Jump to navigation Jump to search
Simulant is a cross-platform general-purpose game engine written in C++.
It is designed with portability in mind, using minimal dependencies and targetting C++11 (rather than more modern versions of the language).
The aim of Simulant is to create an easy-to-use game engine to allow building homebrew for older games consoles, as well as creating a great developer-experience on modern platforms.
- Easy to use API, and getting simpler all the time!
- Flexible rendering pipeline
- Complex material scripting format
- Loading of .obj models and the X-Wing vs Tie Fighter .opt format
- Loading of MD2 animated models
- Loading of Q2 BSP files (needs work)
- Loading of heightmap terrains from image files
- Advanced spatial hash partitioning and culling
- Loading of JPG, PNG, TGA, WAL, PCX images and more!
- Shortcut functions for loading 2D sprites, 2D backgrounds and 3D skyboxes
- Simple scene graph functions
- UI widgets (Button, Label, Progress Bar)
- Basic rigid body physics using the Bounce library
- Procedural functions for generating spheres, cubes, capsules, circles and rectangles
- Functions for creating lights, multiple viewports and cameras
This page is a stub page. It needs to be expanded with more detail. If you know more information about this topic, please sign up and contribute to dreamcast.wiki!