Building KOS on Cygwin
This is the old Windows setup tutorial, taken from a forum post by Ph3nom. Since then a new tutorial was written that uses MSYS2 instead.
- Install Cygwin 32bit, setup-x86.exe from here http://cygwin.com/install.html
- Click next twice, making sure to install from internet.
- Choose install directory. I chose d:\cygwin. Click next.
- Choose download directory. Does not affect install directory. Click next 3 times.
- Chose packages to install. I chose Devel, Libs, and Utils.
- Click next. When the download and install is completed (this can take some time), Cygwin should be good to go.
Toolchain (cross-compiler and libraries)
- Run 32bit Cygwin Terminal as administrator
- Download kos-2.0.0-src.tar.gz from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/cadcdev/files/kallistios/2.0.0/
- Create a folder /dc/ in your /Cygwin/usr/local/ folder
- Create a folder /kos/ in your /Cygwin/usr/local/dc/ folder
- Extract the contents of /kos-2.0.0-src/ into your /Cygwin/usr/local/dc/kos/ folder
- Download this patch and extract into your dc-chain folder
- In cygwin, navigate to your dc-chain folder. Since I installed the chain on my d:, my command is $ cd d:/cygwin/usr/local/dc/kos/utils/dc-chain
- Download the libs needed by dc-chain by running the script with this command: $ ./download.sh
- Extract the libs needed by dc-chain by running the script with this command: $ ./unpack.sh
- Patch the default kos install by running the script with this command: $ ./patch.sh
- Build the dc-chain with this command $ make
- Download this environ.sh and extract into your /Cygwin/usr/local/dc/kos/ folder
- Navigate to your kos directory in Cygwin. Since I installed the chain on my d:, my command is
$ cd d:/cygwin/usr/local/dc/kos
- Configure your environment by running this command:
$ . ./environ.sh
- Build KOS by running the command
That's All! When kos is built, you are ready to start compiling your own code for the Dreamcast using Kos 2.0 and GCC 4.7.3.